Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy Holidays, sort of

It's Jan 3rd and I seemed to have survived the first holiday season. It was a bit rough at times and also provide some personal life lessons as well. As the grief counseling indicated it was rough and experienced several unexpected waves of emotion even knowing full well that the "year of firsts" will be a tough one.

I want to document all that I can remember for several reasons; to be able to reflect on my feeling and actions, to express my feelings and experiences without having to dump on someone, to share with others on their journey of grief, as well as to share with my daughters at some point in the future.

I know I have the tendency to ramble at times so I will try to compartmentalize with separate posts for separate events. This should make it easier for me to stick to the main point of the post and easier for the readers to follow.

Feedback is always welcome, so don't hesitate to leave a comment.
Thanks, Lance

2 comments:

  1. A fellow blogger told me once that my blog is my space and I can say whatever I want to, share whatever I am comfortable sharing, and take however long doing it that I want to. There are no rules other then the ones I make for myself. With that said, you can ramble here. It is safe and its your space....do whatever you want.

    Beautiful first couple of entries. I love the Thanksgiving story. So beautiful....Missing Rochelle and crying is ok. Its all part of the process. I do it too sometimes. Glad you doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be checking in to follow your journey, thankful to have had the privelege of being Rochelle's friend and thankful to be able to be a part of all your lives. You are such a good dad. Writing can be an amazing release and very theraputic...I hope you find comfort in writing your thoughts and memories.

    ReplyDelete